Premium Heat Pump Repair in Westerville, Ohio
$69 Diagnostic Service Call
What is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is both a heating and cooling system, extracting heat from the air and moving it via an air handler to another location. In the summer months, a heat pump will extract heat from your inside air and relocate it outdoors, essentially cooling your home. In the winter months, a heat pump system will move heat energy from the outside air into your home.
The ability to either heat or cool a home, combined with the fact that it moves heat rather than creates heat, makes a heat pump an excellent choice for consumers interested in energy efficiency and versatility.
When to Repair vs. Replace Your Heat Pump
Homeowners with an aging heating and cooling system usually ask themselves: How will I know if it is time to replace a unit rather than merely repair it?
This is one of the most prevalent questions we get from homeowners. And our answer depends. Usually, a heat pump does not need to be replaced, but there are circumstances when it does.
Here are a few signs that a heat pump may only need to be repaired instead of needing replacement:
- The heat pump isn’t 10 years old yet.
- The heat pump merely needs to have the dirt and dust accumulation removed.
- The repairs are not very expensive, or they are minor
- The heat pump has not yet needed any repairs in the past.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a heat pump look like? Do I already have one?
It’s actually difficult to distinguish between air conditioners and heat pumps – they look exactly the same!
Short of asking a technician, you can search by model number online. You can also look at your thermostat and see if your thermostat has an “emergency heat’ setting. Although there are a few more ways to tell if you have a heat pump, these are the simplest.
How does a heat pump work?
A heat pump actually works exactly like an air conditioner. But, in addition to cooling mode, the heat pump is able to reverse the flow of refrigerant and provide electric heating power. Because this is heat transfer, it can be more efficient than using an air conditioner with electric backup heating strips.
Why would I need to repair a heat pump?
- Leakages — Ignoring a leaking heat pump can lead to water damage, mold infestations, and electrical issues. This could lead to more expensive repairs.
- Drain Problems — A clogged drain pan could overflow and create a puddle around your pump. If the drain line is clogged, this could cause a water overflow which leads to leaks.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils — Low levels of refrigerant can lead to ice forming on the cooling coils. This prevents the effective performance of the unit.
- Cracked Overflow Pan — Over time, the overflow pan may begin to corrode which can lead to cracks, resulting in an overflow or leak.
We Service All Brands of Equipment
We can service any brand of HVAC equipment, even if we didn’t install your system originally. Here’s a few of the trusted brands we work with directly:
Comfort You Can Count On.
Why Choose Westerville Air Conditioning & Heating?
We provide premium HVAC services in Westerville, Ohio, and surrounding areas. Our top priority is to provide our customers with a Five Star Experience. Our technicians are NATE-certified, friendly, and experts in what they do. Our customer service team will treat you like family from the moment you call. We’ll take what can be a stressful, unexpected event and turn it into a hassle-free experience.
Finance Your New HVAC System
We believe you can achieve maximum comfort in your home without breaking the bank. We offer a quick and easy financing program so you can enjoy your new equipment today, and pay over time. We financing with trusted companies for a stressfree, Five Star Experience.