Premium Heat Pump Installation & Replacement in Westerville, Ohio
Homeowners: Don’t allow your heating system to surprise you this winter leaving you out in the cold. Westerville Air Conditioning & Heating can replace your heat pump! When you find it’s time to replace your heat pump or install a brand new unit, choose Westerville Air Conditioning & Heating. We take what can be a stressful, unexpected situation and make it a Five Star experience for you and your family. Call us today if you’re ready to have a seasoned, licensed HVAC technician come to your home.
$99 Diagnostic Service Call
What is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is both a heating and cooling system, extracting heat from the air and moving it via an air handler to another location. In the summer months, a heat pump will extract heat from your inside air and relocate it outdoors, essentially cooling your home. In the winter months, a heat pump system will move heat energy from the outside air into your home.
The ability to either heat or cool a home, combined with the fact that it moves heat rather than creates heat, makes a heat pump an excellent choice for consumers interested in energy efficiency and versatility.
5 Symptoms of a Heat Pump Needing Replacement
- Age of Unit — It’s normal for a heat pump to last 12-20 years. If your unit is older than this, it’s time for an upgrade.
- Inconsistent Heat Supply — You should be getting an even heat supply throughout your home. If you feel spotty areas, call for a diagnosis.
- High Energy Bills — Older systems will have to work twice as hard, which raises your energy consumption.
- Unusual Noises — Noises are usually traced to the exact components of your HVAC. These may be able to be repaired.
- Constant Repairs — If you find yourself spending money on repairs often, it may save money to replace the unit altogether.
When to Repair vs. Replace Your Heat Pump
Homeowners with an aging heating and cooling system usually ask themselves: How will I know if it is time to replace a unit rather than merely repair it?
This is one of the most prevalent questions we get from homeowners. And our answer depends. Usually, a heat pump does not need to be replaced, but there are circumstances when it does.
Here are a few signs that a heat pump may only need to be repaired instead of needing replacement:
- The heat pump isn’t 10 years old yet.
- The heat pump merely needs to have the dirt and dust accumulation removed.
- The repairs are not very expensive, or they are minor
- The heat pump has not yet needed any repairs in the past.
We Service All Brands of Equipment
We can service any brand of HVAC equipment, even if we didn’t install your system originally. Here’s a few of the trusted brands we work with directly:
Comfort You Can Count On.
Why Choose Westerville Air Conditioning & Heating?
We provide premium HVAC services in Westerville, Ohio that you can count on. Our top priority is to provide our customers with a Five Star Experience. Our technicians are NATE-certified, friendly, and experts in what they do. Our customer service team will treat you like family from the moment you call. We’ll take what can be a stressful, unexpected event and turn it into a hassle-free experience.